• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP60 bracket kits?

PowerRam1987

NAXJA Forum User
I have an opportunity to get a Ford HP D60 complete end to end right now. I've looked at a lot of loose parts based on axle tube diameter. Wondering what you guys are running or would prefer to use if you did it again. I have 4.5" lift in front and run an OTA clayton trackbar/bracket setup. Currently on short arms but will be making mid arms and run lowers preferably behind the tube not under it.

What year 60? I made all mine cept for trackbar bracket, both ruffstuff and balistic have very nice brackets to. Whatever you do modify the brackets to fit the housing not modify the housing to fit the brackets

The only brackets on my entire jeep that I didnt build from scratch are the Clayton lower coil buckets. everything else is pretty simple and straight forward to make, make some cardboard templates to fit what you want and copy to metal. like Rob said, its fairly easy to weld some of the bracket to the cast center section. I cut some of my housing away but I'm not worried about it because I trussed the axle from inner C to inner C.

Poly Performance, Ruffstuff, Ballistic, GenRight, etc all have good brackets. They're cheap enough that it really doesn't pay to make your own, plus they're nicer. There are ton's of vehicles out there, modified Jeeps, rockbuggies, etc, that are built using those brackets.

Richard G

i had looked at ruffstuff, clayton, ballistic and maybe a few other companies. what i'm most interested in advice on is the lower coil buckets. i would like to get some prefabbed instead of making my own. which ones would you go with (from any company)for those of you who didn't make yours from scratch or if you weren't going to?

Clayton is the only coil bucket that allows the coil to sit correctly. yes, tons of people say just run the coils on a flat bottom and itll work, but Clayton is the only one that captures the base of the coil like the factory buckets. theyre kinda pricey but will worth it to me. you can call Clayton and get just the bucket itself and save some coin over buying their bucket kit. I also find them easy to add a piece of UHMW onto to act as a lower bumpstop extension.

Back