• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ booster nut thread pitch on studs that mount to firewall

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I noticed for some reason I am missing one of the 4 nuts that hold the WJ booster to the firewall . Anyone know what the thread pitch is for these nuts, the other 3 are really tight. weird for sure.

ya well I did the swap years ago. Then I was under the dash fiddling with my brake light switch, and noticed one was missing and one was loose. scary stuff.
ya M10x1.5 is extremely common thread pitch if that is correct. Ill head to ace hardware and post back later.

They were not M10x1.5. just went through the massive amounts of spare XJ parts and found one that fit.

I think they're either a coarse m10 or a coarse m8, but honestly not sure, they may be SAE. I know when I did it, the nuts from my 91 factory booster wouldn't fit at all.

If it didn't involve sitting upside down under the dash I would pull one and measure. God I hate swapping boosters.

Back