• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bunce School Area, Sunday Jan 13

DutchVDub

NAXJA Forum User
I'm heading up to Bunce to see if Plane Crash is open, if its not I'm going to tear through Iron Clads again and shoot some clays. Meeting up 10AM in Lyons at the U-Pump-It fuel station. Let me know if you're tagging along.

Warning: I will have a shotgun and intend on doing mass grievous harm to innocent little orange discs made of clay. If you're a liberal sissy please don't come.

i might be down to join ya. I was wanting to test out one of my new little toys myself.. (but i dont think this would be exactly a clay shooter of the sorts. ;)

Locker is getting installed by Thursday and i can get it wired up Friday. If work is forgiving enough, I'm in.

Winch
F/locker
Recovery points and gear
33's

I dont have any bumpers right now, and haven't been to bunce. is there any places where i'll need a strap? I guess i can throw together some quick tow points. And if i do go, there will be a baby XJ with me.

Doug had to winch quite a bit but he's open/open and was practically running street pressure w/ his 33's.

Me and my buddy with a xj are gonna leave lakewood at 8 then drive up to broomfield pic up a friend and head to lyons if you wanna leave that early and follow us your more than welcome.

I hope you guys are safe and have a good time! I was looking at this at about 2:00 A.M. this morning wishing I had more advanced knowledge of this little outing cause I would have loved to give it a shot. I need to get some solid recovery points on my rig though, got a hook up front and my hitch out back, and sliders on the side. Guess I could be worse off.

How was the trail? I'll keep my eyes open for something next weekend hopefully. If anything I may want to hit some stuff in empire again soon. I didn't get as far as I'd have liked to last weekend.

Let us know how it went! :farmer:

Where in empire? Bill Moore lake? That trail will be snowed in to the lake until may.

I made it to the fork for the creek/lake on yokohama geolanders... But the snow eventually did get the best of my highway radials. Figure some tires with some beef might do better aired way down. We snowshoe'd from there for a while.

Anything near Grant open off of 285?

As I'm new to trail running I'm not sure what's close(ish) that's not at 10-12,000 feet and covered in snow.

/edit
There were a couple of wranglers with MT Baja MTZ'a that cruised up the hill that stopped me. If I had a winch and a shovel I would have been money.

Last edited:
I just got back into Longmont and am enjoying Five Guys Burgers w/ the family. Had a great time. As expected the gate to Plane Crash was closed so we turned around and ran Iron Clads. A lot less snow than there was 2 weekends ago and what was there was completely hard packed and iced over. Made for a slippery time.

Yeah, its definitely fun. I think my Jeep is done until spring though. Its been a hard year on it and I need to go back through it, plus finish up the last few details.

Back