• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ Swap

soundhound

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88 MJ and a 92 XJ and I'm thinking about swapping the H.O. 4.0 and
AX-15 and front non CAD dana 30 into the MJ along with the bucket seats and some of the dash.
The MJ has quite a few electrical issues and the engine has no oil pressure.

Any thoughts?

Do it! It can be done. The biggest issue you will run into is finding bucket seat brackets and wiring up the rear MJ harness to the dash XJ harness.

Im not very mj savvy, but did a 96-87 body swap, and got it through CA smog.
if you get stuck, pm me. I will help if I can

Do it! I am going to buy a long bed MJ and swap all of my 96XJ stuff over. Basically a 96 MJ.

I plan on stripping the MJ down to a shell and parking both rigs side by side in the garage and just start swapping. Some things I will change on the MJ, no foot brake, I will swap in the hand brake and no column shift, its getting a floor shifter if the one I get doesn't have one already.

you dont need to find bucket seat brackets just take the brackets off your bench seat and get some 5/16 nuts and bolts oh you need to remove the xj brackets off the bucket seats.

i have a thread down the page a little where i did the exact same swap basically. feel free to check it out and ask any questions you could possibly have and i will be more than willing to answer.

you dont need to find bucket seat brackets just take the brackets off your bench seat and get some 5/16 nuts and bolts oh you need to remove the xj brackets off the bucket seats.
I'm really not sure if I want to see pictures of this, but I have to ask. It doesn't sound like a good idea...

OP - do it! Keep another one alive.

this is simly how its done my friend. just use lock tite. the other option is welding but you will almost undoubtedly catch your seats on fire.:firedevil

Back