• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Call to arms! (Pit crew, 2013 King of the Hammers)

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
As has been tradition, we'd like to invite the membership to join Team NAXJA at the 2013 King of the Hammers race.

Its always been a good time. You get to meet some new people, and participate in one of the most challenging off-road races in the world.

We'll be racing the 2013 Every Mans Challenge at the hammers on Thursday Feb 7.

There will be three pit locations, each requiring 4-6 people for a safe pit stop. No special skills required, the most important person in the pit is the guy holding a fire extinguisher and making sure everyone else is safe..

We'd like to do a crew meeting approx Noon, Wednesday the 6th, to go over the car, pit safety, pit procedure, etc.

KOH charges a $20 fee for spectator access to the event, or a $20 fee for each pit crew member which covers spectator access. For anyone who joins us before the crew meeting on Wednesday, I will cover a pit pass which will grant spectator access to Hammertown the entire week, including for the main event race on Friday.

Goatman, James and I will be there the entire week. I know some of you intend to be out all week as well, feel free to join us.

If you're interested, hit us up! I'd like to get an idea who would like to come out so I can order up the pit passes, and make sure we have a good supply of water for the week - and beer for the victory party! party1:

I am interested...

Since I wont race this year, maybe pit would make up for it :)

Lets talk...

I'll be there!

Hi Cal,
I would like to help you guys out in the pits. I use to race an early Bronco back in the days. It would be fun to get around racing again.
Thanks Brian

Keep an eye on this thread. When we get closer I'll swap contact info with everyone and make arrangements for meeting up with us at the event. You'll need the wristbands to get to our garage, which is probably where Richard and I will be camping. (There is limited space, so we'll have to establish a remote camp outside of pit row for most people as we have done in the past).

I might be able to get a day or two off. What kinda stuff happens in these pits ?

k.

Like you don't know. :laugh3:

Hmmm, I wonder if I could pull this off...

David Bricker / SYR

Argh, not sure I can pull it off, work is being particularly annoying about attendance right now (I had to do a lot of unplanned remote days in 2012 due to child care issue).

Last edited:
Dude wtf? Nice way to stomp all over someone who may indeed want to join after seeing the kind of things we do in the desert...

lol

Dude wtf? Nice way to stomp all over someone who may indeed want to join after seeing the kind of things we do in the desert...

Its alright, Kris doesnt meet the membership requirement of having or having access to an XJ or MJ. ;)

Its alright, Kris doesnt meet the membership requirement of having or having access to an XJ or MJ. ;)

Yet Jim does...oh wait :laugh3:

What exactly are the dates of koh this year? I'm having trouble finding out exactly..

I had seen anywhere from the 1st-9th for the dates.

Any room for some Arizona boys on the pit crew?

I had seen anywhere from the 1st-9th for the dates.

Any room for some Arizona boys on the pit crew?

The glorious KOH 'Special Olympics' called the Every Man Challenge is on the 7th of Feb.

Back