• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plate between engine and transmission?

xjTrent

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where I can buy the plate that goes between the 4.0 and Aw4? I've searched and searched and can't find it to save my life. Thanks for the help,
Trent.

Any decent auto parts shop should either carry, or be able to get it. Or Rock Auto.

You'll get more and better info if you list what year you're looking for.

Edit: I assume you're referring to the flexplate.

DO NOT BUY FROM FACTORYCHRYSLERPARTS!!!!!!!!!

Multiple people including me got screwed by them. I had to file a complaint with my bank to get my money back, no message of any kind was ever returned by the seller, they took my money and ran basically.

Put up a WTB post on the SEC classifieds forum, that is one of those parts that most people who have done an engine or trans swap have around. I have 3 or 4 I haven't scrapped yet but it'd cost more than it's really worth to ship em, I bet a few people local to you have extras hanging around though.

DO NOT BUY FROM FACTORYCHRYSLERPARTS!!!!!!!!!

Multiple people including me got screwed by them. I had to file a complaint with my bank to get my money back, no message of any kind was ever returned by the seller, they took my money and ran basically.

Put up a WTB post on the SEC classifieds forum, that is one of those parts that most people who have done an engine or trans swap have around. I have 3 or 4 I haven't scrapped yet but it'd cost more than it's really worth to ship em, I bet a few people local to you have extras hanging around though.

Wasn't someone here last month saying all the new Renix aftermarket flex plates were defective right now, welded the rings in the wrong place? You might want to hang onto those!!

I think that was me... I've had at least one friend burned by it and heard reports from many other people buying them from various parts houses.

This is the blockoff plate (made out of aluminum) between the bellhousing and the engine block he needs I think - the only flexplates I have are HO ones, I use them as footings to keep the jackstands under my parts jeep from sinking into the yard :gee:

the only flexplates I have are HO ones, I use them as footings to keep the jackstands under my parts jeep from sinking into the yard :gee:[/QUOTE]

Now that's funny right there.:roll:

Back