• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Box located underneath 98 cherokee

90xj_zach

NAXJA Forum User
What is it? Driver's side. I believe a line even went to it from the gas tank. Need to build cross member for 4 link and it could definitely give me some problems.

Evap canister?

Evap canister?

Based on what was provided on the original post, I'm inclined to agree with Islander here. That canister, by the way, because it is part of the evap system, if disconnected will throw codes. I had a cracked hose going into it and it tossed a code to the point I couldn't pass my county's inspection.

Sorry for vague description. Not a whole lot more to say about it though, other than it is located similar to where the muffler is, but driver's side of course. Bolted right next to the "frame" rail. Needing to 4 link the rear and it is not convenient for that process. I'm not worried about codes because this is going to be a trailer queen. I obviously want it to run properly though, so I guess I need to re-mount it somewhere else.

Cancel that thought.

CIA tracking device...

... yeah it's the evap charcoal canister.

Back