• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on Jasper Engines??

xCOYOTEx

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have had some issues with my motor as some of you have been reading/answering my endless list of questions. So here is another (and hopefully last) question. My dad dropped a huge bomb on me and offered to put a Jasper engine in the Jeep. So before I have him do this, have any of you had any dealings with them?? Are they good to deal with? and are the eingines reliable?? I believe they have a 100,000 mile warranty, and they have a optional kit that has belts, hoses, plug wires and God knows what else. My Jeep is totally rust free, has the 5 speed behind it and I plan on keeping it for awhile. (If I can get it to run:wow:) So if anyone has had any dealings with them (good or bad) I would appreciate any feedback.
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!

I have heard generally good reviews on them, but not all.

I think one of the things to consider is to be sure that you have available to you locally, an authorized Jasper installer.

The reason that is important is that if you do and you have them install it, you have recourse if you have any issues.

Why replace an worn out motor with one with an unknown history ? Get the new/rebuilt Jasper. You have a warranty,known history,and fresh start.
IF there is a problem....some repair or replacement labor is in the warranty.
With the JY motor its all out of your pocket....

I had good results with a Jasper engine. Replaced the 2.8 V6 in my 88 S10 with one. Ran flawlessly for another 35K miles until I sold it.

Back