• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chop Top

Mt.Hammer

NAXJA Forum User
I'm new to NAXJA and relatively new to the Cherokee family. I recently rolled the Cherokee over at Hollister hills CA. Crunched the roof in at the A,B,C pillars on the right side, all the pillars are chill but the roof is done. I would like to cut the top off all the way back to the D pillar and take out the rear quarter glass. I know this has been done by many and there are many different ways to do it but I would like to keep the doors and door jams, seals. I've never built a roll cage before but have the tools mechanical skills to do so. I want to make it a snap top if I can too. Anyone have any experience on this. Is there any software out there for free or cheap to design cages?

I know some have tried the "removable top" and that the body flexes enough to where it does not fit correctly. Draftsight is a free CAD program. Not specific for designing cages, but free. But lots of people have built abuses.

Yeah I want to do a rag top, snap top stretched tight. I read the link you posted but I cant see the pictures! Im trying to figure out why. It sounds exactly like what I was thinking from what I read.

That's a really good idea my problem is my top is pretty messed up, im going to have to scrap the whole thing. Basically I need to build off of the roll cage. Im planning on cutting the whole top off and using the roll cage as the top of the car if that makes sense. Ill get some pictures on here so you know whats going on.

Back