• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pulling super hard to the right and a little wobble

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So I just picked up a new jeep super cheap and in great shape. Needed a little work though. Front axle work. Said it needed ball joints and would fix it. So i snagged it. Jeep pulls super hard to the right and gets a little death wobble at 50 and above. So today we pressed out the old ball joints and pressed in new ones. Went to drive it, still pulls hard and still wobbles. It could use new tires, as they are a little shot. Going to swap them with a buddy tomorrow and see what that changes. If it dosent change anything where should i go next? Steering box dosent have much slop. All tre seam ok. I've seen way worse. Trac bar I can't really tell to much. And then control arm bushing I can't tell eather. Really dont wana dump a lot into stock stuff as she gets built in march with 44s and 37s. So don't wana waste a lot of money. Just wana be able to drive it till then.

It's a 2000 with stock 30 8.25. Everything is stock on it. Auto tranny. 242 t case.

I'd check items in THIS order-

1. Verify all your bolts are torqued down (to include steering gearbox bolts)
2. Check tires for bubbles and consistent tire pressue
3. Trac bar bushings

If its toed out at all it will pull right. Also, look the front tires over for issues and even swap sides with them and see what happens.

Back