• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing SYE kit, Broke a piece

SacXJguy

NAXJA Forum User
I was recently installing a sye kit in my t-case, when putting everything back together, a tab on this piece(shown in pic) broke off. Anybody know if its something I can buy from AZ or elsewhere, or what it is called? Thanks in advance.

photo-3.jpg

Thats the fluid pump for the transfer case.... kinda doubt AZ has it, but i've been wrong about that before....

Maybe post up in your local chapter asking to buy one.

That's the oil pump. The tabs are there to keep it from rotating in the housing. Bet you started to tighten down the housing when it wasn't seated right.

Holy cats.... Advance Auto actually lists the entire pump as available: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_x_10185251-P_x_x?cm_mmc=ACQ-_-Google-_-enhancedRM-_-10185251&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=10185251&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}&gclid=CNzj853Pr7QCFetDMgodckgAUQ#utm_source=acq&utm_medium=google&utm_campaign=enhancedrm&utm_content=10185251

P/N 18676.47. This looks like the Omix-Ada part number, a search for it returns a bunch of stuff.

4wheelparts and Quadratec also list it.

That's the oil pump. The tabs are there to keep it from rotating in the housing. Bet you started to tighten down the housing when it wasn't seated right.

Holy cats.... Advance Auto actually lists the entire pump as available: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_x_10185251-P_x_x?cm_mmc=ACQ-_-Google-_-enhancedRM-_-10185251&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=10185251&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}&gclid=CNzj853Pr7QCFetDMgodckgAUQ#utm_source=acq&utm_medium=google&utm_campaign=enhancedrm&utm_content=10185251

P/N 18676.47. This looks like the Omix-Ada part number, a search for it returns a bunch of stuff.

4wheelparts and Quadratec also list it.

No it actually broke off trying to set the top half of the case back over after setting RTV. I searched and i can just use the one from my spare 242. Thanks for the help guys!

I think I see what you did... lemme guess you put the pump inside the rear case half when assembling the case again?

We did the same thing two or three times when I helped a friend SYE another friend's case :dunce: couldn't figure out why it would spin freely when apart, but then the second we reassembled it and tightened everything down it would seize up and not turn right.

The pump goes OUTSIDE the rear case half, then the SYE tail housing goes over it. That's why it's such a pain to get the pickup tube seated back into it properly - a small flat blade screwdriver and some finger acrobatics will get it in place.

advanceautoparts.com

Omix-Ada Oil Pump Housing Np231 Yj Wrangler 87-95, Tj 97-01, Xj 87-01

Part No. 18676.47

If this helps

advanceautoparts.com

Omix-Ada Oil Pump Housing Np231 Yj Wrangler 87-95, Tj 97-01, Xj 87-01

Part No. 18676.47

If this helps
He had that info in the other thread he started.... as well as a few other sources.

Back