• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how do I disable my anti lock brakes

moparman96

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 jeep cherokee with the 4.0 aw4 np231 case, and anti lock brakes. I do not want them but I really dont want any codes I may get from just pulling the fuse. Even more so it makes axle swaps that much more of a pain. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this system?

... make life easier, leave it alone. Want to swap axles? Just zip tie the sensors out of the way or disconnect them.

Pull the ABS relay in the PDC, and the ABS fuse in the fuse panel. there is also a 2 amp fuse for the ABS dash light itself. Pull it too. No lights no codes.

Cutting the lines is pointless as you still get a light on AND you destroy easy to remove parts that someone on craigslist could use for free or even BUY if they're a noob lol. Sold my rear lines for 25 bucks and the old D35 for 175. My 8.25 with an Aussie in it ended up costing me 100 bucks. Niiiice.

As far as axle swaps, the front and rear lines connect to a controller under the rear seat. Unplug them from there and fish them out through the grommets in the body and remove the sensors... 5 minutes. Don't forget to RTV the grommet holes shut. I left the front lines connected as I haven't swapped the front.
Why not do it right? It's easy, pull 3 things off. Done :)

Last edited:
Back