• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering upgrade question with 3inch lift

Qban

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys.

My stock draglink and tierod ends need to be replaced. The bushings are all worn down making alignment impossible. I figured that if I'm replacing them I might as well upgrade all those steering components. My first thought was to go with the currie steering upgrade, but it looks like thats only for a 3.5 inch lift or higher and I have a Rustys 3 inch lift kit.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a steering upgrade for my 3inch lifted xj. Or maybe I just want to do something stupid like use a cheaper spacer type lift ontop of the Rustys lift I have to add an extra inch so I can use the currie steering components? haha, well hopefully you guys will have some good ideas.

Thanks!

You would be just fine with the Currie Currectlync and 3" of lift. It's complete bolt-in and very stout. I don't think you can go wrong with it, but then again it's what I run as well. I'm at 5.5" of lift.

From the site:

"NOTE: This unit is designed to be used on vehicles with 4" of lift. It can be used on vehicles with less lift, but the vehicle must have a minimum of a 2" bump stop (over stock). Also, on vehicles with no lift, 2 of the tie rod ends may need be trimmed to achieve proper adjustment."

With proper bump stops you are good to go.

Depending on how BIG you think you NEED to go, you can upgrade to the grand cherokee V8 stuff for $120.00 total with shipping right now from AutoZone.

Use coupon code: AZSAVE at check out for 20% off and free shipping.

P/N's:

1 #DS1312 tie rod, it's solid (forged) not hollow tube
1 #DS1238 drag link, same as orig. (solid forged)
2 #ES3096L tie rod ends (1 at pitman, 1 at outer driver side)
2 #ES2079S adjustment sleeves

Thanks! the Grand Cherokee solution sounds like a good possibility. And I especially appreciate the part numbers! Would be a completely painless drop in replacement or or there some issues I might encounter?

Also, the Currie Currectlync sounds tempting but that quote says I would require 2 inches more bumpstop over stock and right now I have stock. Forgive my lack of knowledge but wouldn't adding another 2 inches of bumpstop reduce the amount my wheels could articulate?

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm selling a almost new V8 zj stuff currently:)
Check socal for sale!

I upgraded to a Currie drag link & a Ironman 1.5" Solid DOM tubing tie rod with currie TRE's.

Back