• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

possible snow issues

sporkton

NAXJA Forum User
Are there any tips as far as maintaining mechanical functionality for a jeep that is use to warm weather but will be parked in snow for about 10 days? weather report says it will get down to about 20, several inches of snow is possible and it will be in an open parking lot.

My XJ grew up in phoenix AZ and now lives with me here in southern CA so she was always a warm weather girl. We will be backpacking through the grand Canyon for christmas though and I want to make sure I dont run into any surprises.

Everything mechanical is stock, except she has an optima yellowtop instead of the normal battery.

Lawrence

Check your coolant/antifreeze to make sure it is good for under 32 degrees. If it is not and it gets below that temperature you have a good chance of your coolant/antifreeze will slush up and possibly freeze causing problems you don't need. Other than that just make sure the battery is good to go and I don't think you will have any other problems.

And check your washer fluid while your at it. Some of the cheep stuff freezes to even though the bottle says otherwise.

Back