• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm stumped

ca_digger

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ has Demons the radio goes on and off while driving or when the window control is used up or down, The dash flickers and the speedo and tack go dead and come back on at will the check engine light goes on and off.and yes it kicks a code P1697 The headlights also dim out and flicker upon brake application and just plain driving at night.have replace the ECM,ALT,LIGHT SWITCH,TURN SIGNAL SWITCH.and the problem still persists wht the heck do i look for now.

check all the grounds on the body and battery connections. guessing you have a bad ground.

...so you better dig twooooooo.

Replace and clean all the ground wires in the engine compartment. Grind the contact points till they are shiny.

have checked the obvious are there grounds on the kick panels also, driver side is open but pass side is behind plastic where the fuse block is.

I'd have to agree - sure sounds like grounds to me.

There may be multiple ground issues, such as connection for the dash, lights, as well as the battery.

David Bricker / SYR

I had some issues with the big ass electrical connectore on the firewall causing similar issues. I took it apart and put dielectric grease on the contacts and it seemed to fix it.

Thnx for your input makes me feel better that I'm not only one to experiancs such issues . Have run it buy most of my bud's it's like chasing a ghost .The check engine light no longer comes on that's a plus will continue to check connections one by one.

Back