• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door lock actuators?

DanMan2k06

NAXJA Forum User
I've got 3 that are bad, and finally after 2 years of dealing with it I feel it should be addressed. I've searched for hours today and haven't had an ounce of luck finding OEM or aftermarket replacements. Best I found was someone who afro-engineered some universal actuators in the doors and fabbed up new rods.

Anyone replaced these before? Or have part numbers for them? I need all but the driver's rear door and hatch.

Look at www.rockauto.com

They have them there from $23 - $35, depending on year.....

Replacing them isn't too bad. I used two putty knives to locate the door panel push clips. Place a putty knife on each side of the clip, and pry to remove. Just be sure to keep track of the door lock rods when you remove the door panel, to get to the actuators. They are held on with plastic rotating lock clips.

My bad... Your profile listed an earlier model XJ, of which rockauto does have the door lock actuators.

I have a '98 myself and have replaced 3 of them so far. I buy used ones on Ebay as they pop up for about $20, to keep spares on hand....

Seadog, could you link up a few of those "lots of places". If you looked at your jcwhitney link, they only sell the rear tailgate actuator.

Ivan ill be sure to scour eBay some more. I looked for a while earlier but only found a few, at over $100 a pop.

Last edited:
I have a '99.

No offense dude but it's pretty apparent you're not searching for the right item. I appreciate the effort though. Again, all the ones you linked are for the rear hatch. Take a look at part #30.

index.php

No offense taken... What part of this don't you understand?

OE Replacement Power Door Lock Actuator - New
SKU #: 1JA 1086457 Mfr #: REPC315302
New
Location: Front Driver Side, Front Passenger Side, Rear Driver Side, Rear Passenger Side
Notes: With bracket
Product Fit: OE replacement
Warranty: 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty

Back