• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle relocator and Chevy springs?

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Who's possibly done it? Looking at the shackle relocation bracket, it seems like you could possibly run longer leafs like Chevy 63" leaf springs. Anyone try this?

chevy 63"s are a lot longer than XJ springs, probably too long for relocation brackets... and the center pin would be in the wrong place.

you should try it and report back.

Like rockclimber said, your wheelbase would be stretched and possibly interfere with the ga tank and your shackle would have to be way back off of the rear bumper. It's been done but not anywhere near bolt in

Like rockclimber said, your wheelbase would be stretched and possibly interfere with the ga tank and your shackle would have to be way back off of the rear bumper. It's been done but not anywhere near bolt in

I was figured it had been done, just wasn't 100% sure though, the reason for asking is I noticed on the hd and other bracket relocator it mentions you can flip the shackle part to run longer leaf springs so it got me thinking if anyone has tried that or just used a longer leafs pack.

You can run chevy S10 leafs that are 54". jeep cherokee leafs are 51.5". older chevy full size trucks had 56" springs along with older blazers. all of which can be done, but the centering pin location on the chevy springs are just that, centered in the leaf pack. so it would bring the rear axle pretty far back which would hit the gas tank unless it was relocated, or you would need to relocate the front spring mounts too. if you have enough lift you CAN use the S10 spring packs, but you would need to bump stop just in case.

Wagoneer rear spring work. Stock front hanger and relocated shackles pushes the axle back 2-3". It flexes much better and even my rear dana 60 still clears the gas tank.

The lower part of my relocation brackets can be flipped around and give you plenty of length to use longer springs.

Back