• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil leak

morgan320i

NAXJA Forum User
so iv tried doing some research into this problem i have cant find anything, i am getting leaky oil that seems to flow from the head gasket, everyone says its not posible as its not pressurized, so far iv change dipstick o ring, oil filter adapter o rings, all the vacuum lines on the vc, also replaced the vc gasket with a felpro perm, everything is torqued dry up top i pressure washed the motor wih degreser, did a compression check all show same good psi, and my rad fluid is green as ever, also changed the dizzy gasket and the oil pressure unit, trying to change anything that leaks over here with no change
this is after 30 min of driving
untitled.png

definitely not impossible. two out of the three renix xj's i've owned have had that exact same leak. the current one in the mj is bad enough that i thought it was the rear main dripping at first.
i'm going to do the same thing i did on the other leaky renix, which was to clean up the head, block, and crevice there and run a small bead of permatex's "right stuff" across the head/block junction all the way up that side. my intention was to eventually pull the head to fix it "properly", though i never did get around to it and it never did leak again while i owned it.
i've heard of others doing the same thing with the same success.

My small anoying oil leak turned into head gasket which turned into complete tear down of head to new valve guides, pushrods , lifters, head baked and decked, to new fuel injector o rings- welding the crack on my mani.....

Back