• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motive Gear, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I've spent hours of my life looking at pages for part applications. I have no clear answer on the Motive Gear part number for a differential bearing kit for a D-30, taken from a '96 XJ. It seems there were some internal changes through the years?

The B.O.M. is 610502-3, 6-19-96 8B

I ordered a kit through my local Advance Auto last night. I'm going to cancel that order until I figure this out.

TIA

NEVERFRICKENMIND! I got a refund, spent $10 more for the Timken kit at Auto Zone.

Next time it comes up, call National Drivetrain and ask for Eric Filar. Naxja member and sponsor, motive dealer, and all around drivetrain expert. He'll take care of you.

Big box stores are absolutely WORTHLESS when it comes to bearings and seals. You might know what you're talking about, but between the salesman, parts catalog, and inventory, you're almost guaranteed to get the wrong part. Happened twice with my Dana 44 axle seals (called WHEEL seals). I finally have up and got them from rock auto.

Back