• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lawrence Welk difficulty?

Renegade XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've been invited to run Lawrnce Welk tomorrow but I have no idea what to expect. I've run difficult trails in the past but my Jeeps were fully armored. My XJ has no rocker guards as of right now so that's my biggest concern. How difficult is the trail and is it recommended to have rocker guards? Spec's of my rig are as follows: 4.5" lift, 32" MT/R Kevlars. And that's pretty much it.

Thanks!

depends on what trails you do. lockers? you can probably do most of it with a front locker if you're careful, but i would steer clear of the water tank line without one. most of the trails are easy, there are just a few moderate ones and a few hard obsticals that you can bypass.

dont try the water tank trail, it's in bad shape and you'll just tear it up worse without a front locker. everywhere else you should do ok though. except "don't do it" hill. hard to miss that one, it has don't do it spraypainted on a huge rock.

What about the left line on watertank? Is that torn up as well?

I have a ton of fun out there on 3" 31's open/open

i agree, you can have lots of fun on 31s open open, been there done that. plenty of other trails to do. just go, you will enjoy it. u can do with out rock sliders for the most part, air down to about 15 psi...

Last edited:
Hey guys just wanted to report back saying that it wasn't bad at all. Nice trail and very do-able in my rig. The right side of Tank Trap was dug in deep, no way I could do that without a locker, but the line to the left wasn't bad at all. Got a little hung up once but that was it. Hope to join you guys on the next run down there, hopefully I'll have some sliders by then

Back