• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with tow hooks

SubFreq111

NAXJA Forum User
So the previous owner of my 01 xj kept the tow hooks, but left both brackets attached to the frame. Does anyone know if all tow hooks are the same, ie. can I use the generic hooks for a tj with my oem brackets. All I could find on the subject was dummies asking if they could mount tow hooks to the unibody without brackets. Thanks!

There are a couple different options. You can buy just the hooks and install them on the brackets. There are also aftermarket D-ring brackets that mount in the same spot as the hooks.

Look at this...these are used but the thing I'm talking about is in the center of the picture. THAT mounts up to the bracket just like a hook alone would. I've gotten all my hooks & brackets at the JY, complete sets, 2 chrome, 2 powder coated/painted and a d-ring set-up for the receiver hitch in the rear.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Cherok...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cda5a37c&vxp=mtr

The "2-hole" TJ hooks will not fit the spacing on the XJ brackets. The "3-hole" TJ/universal hooks fit the XJ.(front 2 holes for the TJ, rear 2 holes for the XJ.

If you have the money, the D-ring brackets are a lot better for hook/strap use, but cost about 3 times as much as hooks.

Back