• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steel cowl hoods?

Gigantor

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a Steel Cowl Hood. Quadratec doesn't advertise any longer, Reflexxion is out as well as a few other companies where I've inquired. Checked E-bay, nothing.

Can't check salvage yards at present...

Any ideas?

I have one on my xj, it's a great looking/function peice and I only paid 200 for it, if I hadn't gotten the deal I wouldn't have wasted the money. There are plenty of hood venting opions out there if you're looking to help with cooling,If it's styling you're after well I'm not sure what I'd do if I were you, maybe make your own?

there are some fiberglass cowl hoods there. I have one of the steel cowl hoods as well and love it.

If you know how to weld just make one up. Alot cheaper and not to time consuming depending how picky you are. There are plenty of threads on how others have made theirs.

Agreed with magimerlin, the Hood already has awesome lines to guide you for cuts, and I've seen some pretty sweet ones done by the do it yourselfers. If I had a spare Hood id give it a shot, cuz I still don't feel fully confident with my sheet metal welding to hack up my only one.

Breezio, hoods are cheap at the pick n pull..........several here have fabbed their own cowl hood, give it a whirl.

Back