• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CORVA 2013 Truckhaven Challenge

Blurble XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Mark your calendar. January 12, 2013 is the best poker run in the socal desert. Ocotillo Wells OHV park. Cash prizes, Raffle prizes, BBQ dinner, lots of fun, don't miss it. All proceeds benefit CORVA's Land use fund to help keep our riding areas open.
Visit www.corva.org for more information and to pre-register. No pre-registration is necessary you can register at the event.

Truckhaven2013Flyer2.jpg

Will there be any organized runs? Anybody leading any groups?

Organized...yes.
Leaders...doubtful.

Most poker runs just have a marked trail and signs at all major corners. Self guided in my experience. I've never done the CORVA run, but I imagine it is big (crowded).

Will there be any organized runs? Anybody leading any groups?

No leader on the run. Just follow the course markings. There will be checkpoints where you draw your cards and can play games. There are alternate routes along the way that are much more difficult if you dare to try. This is fun for the whole family.

It's not too crowded, we don't have the turn out like TDS does but much more fun.

Ran this the last few years(5). Always a good time and a great run.We will be there again this year even if i got to trailer my jeep down for this.Both jeeps will be there cause the wife likes the course too.
See you all there

I have a mandatory work day that day :tear:.

I was there last year, following the marked trail was easy until an enormous sand storm came through and couldn't see shit... lol ended up losing the trail, finding a wash heading back to pole line road and back to camp. Lots of fun exempt for the wind got out of control but that's not CORVA's fault.

Lets see, work or play.

I see a call in day for you coming up young lady.(cough cough)

I'd love to, but it's really really mandatory--as in, if you're not there, someone better provide a death certificate to keep you from being canned :twak:. And as in--I already had to turn down an awesome offer of a concert Friday night followed by breakfast in the morning...

Software changeover, have to input everything still open in the old software into the new software. Yippee fun fun!

How about pay for my gas and I will tow your camper or jeep for you? :D

Looks like we will be towing the jeep, and tossing a tent out. GOing to show up late friday night (11pm) and stay till monday or tuesday. So listen for the straight piped green f150 pulling the green cherokee on on trailer waking everybody up. That'll be us.

John

I noticed the fuel price is going up here today.Thank god i fueled mine up before.Not like it is going to stop me, but it is nicer knowing i won't be spending over a 100 bucks again for a day trip with both jeeps.

Hope to see some of you out there, if not have fun.

Back