• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stone meet and greet - Weds 12-05

premoxj

NAXJA Forum User
Its kind of late notice, but a few of us are headed to Stone tomorrow after work. Feel free to show up, drink beer, eat food and drink more beer. I'll probably be there around 7'ish depending on traffic from mission valley. :cheers:

sorry bud i got fired! they have a new "NO SEAT NO EAT" policy. meaning if you want to go to the garden and order a pretzel from me to take to your kids in the garden.... NO!!!
i disagreed with my managers and said "hey lets serve our guests, that's what we do" etc
they sent me home and called me later to say im fired........ :dunno: 4 years there.... whoo hoo!

go to the socal xj meet n greet spot in vista "lampost pizza" great craft beer as is churchill's, sublime ale house, urge gastropub, etc lemme know what city i will know a great craft beer place with good food! or in san marcos go to cool hand lukes ask for the bartender nicole and tell her i sent you, shes my bros wife and has already been in an xj that rolled lol.

sorry i dint get back to you i was busy lookin fer work!

cheers!

That's pretty shitty. Sounds like wrongful termination to me.

sadly here in california its a right to work state so no reason is needed. i have been there 4 1/2 years and gone thru 35 managers. when managers dont like people or get questioned as per the "open door" policy they get fired oh well on to bigger and better!

"At Will" is what allows them to let you go without cause. It also allows an employee to quit without notice.

"Right To Work" allows you to seek a job with a direct competitor or compete directly against your former employer.

Sorry- this is off topic and probably nothing your interested in.

I am currently buttoning up a rather contentious termination. Since I was the employee that quit, I am glad that CA is both an At Will and Right To Work state. You can enter an employment contract that changes the At Will status, but Non Compete agreements are generally not enforceable in CA.

I now believe all things happen for a reason, you will one day look back and appreciate the change.

Back