• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Safty issues

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
As most of you know, my jeep caught fire Labor Day Weekend this year, it was a very large gasoline fire that caused considerable damage and sent one person to the ER. It required nearly 30 small extinguishers to put out the fire. If it were not for the fire happening in the parking lot where there were a lot of people with extinguishers this could have turned into a VERY big deal.

This incident had got me thinking about fire extinguishers and how the size of the typical 'kitchen' extinguisher isn't sufficient. I brought my concerns to the MWC BOD and we had a long discussion about possible solutions.

We decided that we would "STRONGLY RECOMEND" that participants purchase and install at minimum a 2.5# extinguisher in their vehicle. Please remember, we are not REQUIRING you to do so. I was amazed how quick the small extinguisher were used up, and how many it required to put out the fire at Rocks and Valleys and I feel it's a very good idea to have this.

Please feel free to comment, and ask questions about the recommendation, we will not be discussing the incident at Rocks and Valleys.

Just so you guys know. Rev and I already bought and installed 2.5# extinguishers from Costco. They are priced real good and come with the bracket. From what I have found you can find the same extingusher at Lowes for about the same price but you have to pay extra for the bracket.

Going to be buying one before the event.

Were did you mount yours ramrod?

The 2.5 is mounted in the rear right inside the hatch. I attached mine to the rear down tube of my cage. Going to move my small "kitchen" one back up front.

Roark Supply is having a special sale on some safety stuff that they are going to bring to KOH to have on the lakebed. Since I'm going, I am providing the link. If you want to get something I will bring it back in my trailer and then to Winterfest to save you on shipping if you'd like.

http://www.roarksupply.com/KOH-Lakebed-s/33.htm

Just PM me or contact me, then I think if you order it you can just make sure my names on it and I can pick it up out there.

mac 'parts train' gyvr

Use "GRIT" at check out to save 10%

mac 'two 5lb mounts for $77' gyvr

I talked to the owner and he said if you make an order just put in the comments of your order, "will call on Koh lake bed for Matt Rowland" and I can pick them up for you.

mac 'i ordered 1 5lb mount and three 2.5lb mounts for various places' gyvr

Roark Supply is having a special sale on some safety stuff that they are going to bring to KOH to have on the lakebed. Since I'm going, I am providing the link. If you want to get something I will bring it back in my trailer and then to Winterfest to save you on shipping if you'd like.

http://www.roarksupply.com/KOH-Lakebed-s/33.htm

Use "GRIT" at check out to save 10%

I talked to the owner and he said if you make an order just put in the comments of your order, "will call on Koh lake bed for Matt Rowland" and I can pick them up for you.

Just PM me or contact me, so I have a heads up and make sure I get everything.

mac 'bump and everything in one post' gyvr

Back