• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4wd shift light

OutkastBoss

NAXJA Forum User
first off its a Late Model Np231 With electric Switch

OK so I Swapped in a used built T-Case and it works great but no shift light.

So after searching here I pulled the plug on the switch and jumped the connections and the light came on So Bulbs good.

So I ordered and installed a new switch And it works but only right as i shift it in to 4wd and if I Pull Back a bit on the shift lever it will stay on until i let go.

From my searching im thinking this means it the shift linkage needing to be adjusted .

Is there anything else it could even possibly be, like something internal of the Tcase that would need adjusted ?

Chances are that if it works at all it's just adjustment. The TC will often work pretty well in 4 high even when it's off, and won't really act up until you try for 4 low. Anyway you should always adjust the linkage when you change the T case, so you should do it anyway. In case you don't have the instructions, just loosen the trunnion bolt, use the lever on the TC to shift it all the way into 4 low until it clicks positively, and then adjust the handle to be almost at the end of its travel. Just enough forward so it isn't actually touching the bezel when it stops.

Make sure the handle moves freely. If it doesn't, you should lubricate where it passes through the hump, and exercise it until it frees up. 40 or 50 cycles will usually get it nice and loose enough to stay that way for a long time.

Back