• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring holder things...

jeepdreamer

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to find the metal things that go around the leaf springs to keep them all in line. Some are just metal tabs that bend over the springs and some have a bolt on top that keeps them in line but allows them to move free in their intended direction. Don't know what they are called and have googled myself silly with different words.:doh: I'm gonna do a bastard pack and would like to put some of these on...anyone know where they come from?

leaf clamps...

but I don't like the ones that wrap the leafs tight, they dont alow the leafs to fan out.

I made some simple ones for my bastard packs. Just two peices of flat bar with 2 bolts.

IMG_20120207_173954.jpg

Last edited:
Oriellys has the clamps. If you want load carrying ability clamps are the way to go. If you want flex then you need something that will allow the springs to have more movement.

Thanks guys... Just got back from the field and saw this.
WhiteXJ98, yours don't look like they attach to anything, just float on the spring... don't they rattle or squeak? I like the idea. :)
And thanks for letting me know what they are called...stupid brain farts! :O
I may have a go at making some since there are no O'Riley's here in Germany. heehee! But I wonder if some could be nabbed off of other vehicles?

Cool.
I was pondering the idea of making my own by bending some flat bar but determining the hole placement and how to affix them to the spring was a stumbling block. As I look at yours and stop over thinking it, it makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the help and ideas! :)

Back