• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disconnected/broken wires behind passenger headlight.

BlitzM4

NAXJA Forum User
Looks like the prior owner cut/broke some wires on my 1999 XJ and there is one wire that I cant figure out what is for.

Here are a few pics.
jeepwire.jpg

2012-11-29_20-56-37_317.jpg

I found that the 2 wires with blue connectors on them are supposed to connect to the overhead console temp sensor. Does anyone have any idea what the green wire would have been connected to. As far as I can tell everything is working fine but I would really like to know what it is for.

Thanks
Seth

Not sure but check the other side and see what color the wire going to the horn is. If I'm not mistaken I believe it's for the other horn that can mount on that side.

Not sure but check the other side and see what color the wire going to the horn is. If I'm not mistaken I believe it's for the other horn that can mount on that side.

x2

that should be the wire for the horn. theres only one, the mounting bolt for the horn doubles as the ground.

Back