• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Sending Unit

dktool

NAXJA Forum User
So, I thought I might replace my sender as my gauge readings are quite wacky.
I have read that the OEM sender would be best so I called the local dealer,
"yeah we got it, $60.45".........................:eek:

Maybe I won't look at the gauge as much.

I dont get the point of this thread?

I don't know if my idiot light works, or not, but the thing about more ammo makes sense too.:us:

30-something bucks at O'Reilly's with a lifetime warranty... give 'em your phone number and if it goes bad, just take it in and get a new one. Not that hard to replace.

Plus the one I got at O'Reilly's actually looks like it's constructed better than the cheesy tin-can looking OEM one. Appearances may not be everything, but I will say this... I bought the OEM one from the dealer and it was bad within 4 months. The O'Reilly's (I think "Standard" brand) sender is a month old now, so we'll see how long it lasts.

Sounds about right for your year of jeep... oh wait... what year and motor did you say it was for?

The year makes a big difference and I don't really get the reluctance to supply year, model info. Put it in the post or in the sig.

Renix sender is $15 at NAPA. At that price I could buy one every year.
The Renix senders usually just peg out when they go bad, they don't give wonky readings while going out...they just go.

I've always had the best luck with Mopar oil pressure sending units in my XJ and the ones I've worked on.

Well worth the extra few bucks in reliability/LONGEVITY/accuracy/mating with the factory gauge.

Even if aftermarket units work out of the box, they generally do not last as long before crapping out again.

My experience was the opposite ...

Used a mopar sender on my old '92 YJ ... Lasted three weeks and when it went it popped the top and all the oil went out the sender. Replaced it with a parts house replacement (which was also half the price) and that lasted another 200k km.

Back