• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix EGR crossover tube differances.

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any experience with multiple differant lengths when dealing with renix EGR crossover tubes?

We're mid swap on a renix engine swap, and found regular oem egr crossover tubes will not fit... too far between the two ends despite using an oem exhaust manifold...

Anyone know? Dont really want to customize one, and cannot figure out whats going on..

Thanks.

(Technically an OEM question, so that's where I put it.)

How far off are you? Got pictures? I know there's some "give" to the solid tube (not much mind, but some) and you can force it if it's only off a little bit.

But, I wasn't previously aware of there being any differences in the EGR tubes 1987-1990, I don't see why that should be the case.

That should be a fairly standard flare on each end of the tube tho, perhaps one could be made up if you have to? I haven't identified the flare tho - if you do, please let me know.

It is over 5/8ths of an inch too long on the middle leg... we cant figure out why either. I'll shorten it, and reweld it back up, but i was just damn curious as to why there is a variation. I assume the exhaust manifold must be differant or weird, but i have no idea why i would have any exhaust manifold on hand that DIDNT come off a xj 4.0

Thanks for moving the thread jon, I realized my foley after posting.

I had an issue with my EGR tube being too short, but I do have an aftermarket header. I would guess it's due to the exhaust manifold like you said. I ended up using a 5/8" silicone turbo hose to lengthen mine....just an idea if cutting and rewelding doesnt work out for ya.

Hmm... never seen any renix ones that were different lengths, and the HO doesn't have an EGR. Are you sure everything (intake manifold, exhaust manifold) are all bolted up correct, lined up on the dowels right and not misaligned and such? If it were me, and I had verified that, I would just make a blockoff plate for the EGR crap on the manifold, and weld up the bung in the manifold and call it good. I don't run an EGR on my 89 MJ, one less thing to cause problems IMO... but I also don't have any kind of emissions testing or inspection.

Back