• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket bumper cannister relocation?

jeepdreamer

NAXJA Forum User
So I just realized that in my haste to get the jeep out of the DIY shop that I forgot to put the vac canister back on.DOH! And that of course brought ou the question of where will it go? My bumper is the DIY JCR winch version that I really like so far. So where do you guys all put the black bottle with your new bumpers? Inside the engine area or??? Just looking for ideas.

What year, what shape bottle? I have a 92' and I shoved one of my golf tees in the vac line, no ill effects as of 10k ago... all my air functions still work normally as well.

I've seen the Softball size ones relocated to the engine bay, and most football sized ones get changed to the softball size one and put in the engine bay

I pulled mine up into the engine bay. 2 large zip ties secured it on the passenger fender well behind the battery. All stock lines reached. Mine is bigger than a softball

I have mine stuffed in between the master cylinder and the air box. You can really put it anywhere you can fit it. You just need enough vaccum line to reach it. You could even locate it inside under the dash. I spent 3 years in Germany in Hanau. It was a great time. I miss the beer and brats :(

Mine, softball on a 99, I extened the line with rubber hose and line-connector, and zip-tied in behind the new winch-bumper. The extension and safe relocation is the message; hope that helps.

'97 here, so mine is the ball shape, not a canister. but i got around 2" of cheap tubing and routed it around the fuse block, and screwed the canister down where the wheel well starts to hit the fire wall with the original hardware. getting everything lined up was a PITA, but i managed. haha. even if its just setting there or zip tied in, itll do its job.

Put mine on the right hand side of the engine bay by the firewall and wire tied it to the heater hoses. If you have cruise control, you need it.

I don't have mine hooked up anymore and my cruise works fine??? Maybe my jeep is just weird? I dunno...

Mine is the football shaped one. Since I'm thinking I will eventually need the under hood space I may try and just nab one from an earlier year (softball) and stick it under the hood or somewhere else. Its still attached to the factory bumper laying in the back of the jeep..haha! No ill effects so I may just plug it and go.

I have mine stuffed in between the master cylinder and the air box. You can really put it anywhere you can fit it. You just need enough vaccum line to reach it. You could even locate it inside under the dash. I spent 3 years in Germany in Hanau. It was a great time. I miss the beer and brats :(

Yeah... there are a few aspects of Germany that I'll miss (beer and broads mostly) but honestly... I'm done with it. I'm in Graf/Vilseck so there isn't much around here except woods you can't wheel or hunt in and little villages. Cool at first but I miss my auto parts stores and Walmarts..haha! I'll be back in the states in a few months and am pushing to get both Jeeps done and shipped.

Back