• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Socal chapter Christmas party

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
K folks, its time to have the Socal NAXJA Christmas party! :party:

First things first, it will be Sunday, Dec 16th at 2PM at my house in Temecula. The address is 45213 Palmira Cir. Temecula 92592. There is a gate code to get in to the neighborhood, it is [key] 177022.

We need to get a good head count to plan for supplies. Please respond, using "quote" to include previous list, to say how many adults & kids are coming, including you (and if you plan to bring something to share), so we can get the right amount of food!

1. JeeperJohn (John) & Christina, plus 5 kids

Come on out--take a break from your crazy holiday schedule to spend some time hanging out with friends & meeting new people!

Good burgers & hot dogs with all the fixings, baked beans, potato salad, sodas & water will be provided by the Chapter (cash donations gratefully accepted!). If you or someone with you is vegetarian, LET US KNOW, we can bring Chipotle Black Bean Burgers for you.

Please bring a desert or snack to share, if you can.

Please bring your own favorite alcoholic beverage, for yourselves and/or to share, if you want something other than soda or water.

You don't have to drive your XJ if you don't want to or can't, but it's always an inspiring site when they take over a nice suburban street!

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
We need to get a good head count to plan for supplies. Please respond, using "quote" to include previous list, to say how many adults & kids are coming, including you (and if you plan to bring something to share), so we can get the right amount of food!

2. 1xFloppy (Cory) & Candice
3. Carol.92124 (Carol), maybe a teen or two if they want to go. I'm cooking the burgers & dogs !

3. Carol.92124 (Carol), maybe a teen or two if they want to go. I'm cooking the burgers & dogs !
4. JohnX (John) & Terra

john how late is this going? i might be able to stop by for a bit after work round 5-6ish?

I was a little surprised at this as well, in years past it has always been decided by majority opinion as to where it would be held.

Not really, it's been held by whomever offered first generally. :wow:

JohnX is out. Just realized its scheduled for Sunday. Lame.

I have driven from San Diego to Long Beach, and to Rancho Cucamonga, for this event, for the last 4 or 5 years. this one will be the closest one for me yet!! Only 60 miles!

I think it was very gracious of JeeperJohn & Christina to step up & offer to host, and I'm sorry if you feel it is too far out of your travel radius. It will be a good time, even if it's on a Sunday! =)

Next year, if someone in the more western end of the greater LA area would like to host, please, by all means, let us know!!

JohnX came to our rescue last year and hosted it in Rancho Cucamonga. It would be nice to get an OC-ish venue for next year, and just keep rotating it around the general area.

I'd offer to host it down here in San Diego at our complex's clubhouse, but if folks are saying Temecula is too far, I really doubt they'd want to go even further south :tears:.

Kayle--yes, it will run late enough for you to make it by!

For the record, I have no problem with the location. I wouldn't skip it just because of the drive. I merely found it odd that there was no discussion about it. I can't make it on a Sunday sorry.

JohnX is out. Just realized its scheduled for Sunday. Lame.
This is intended to be a family, afternoon to early evening event. If it were more of a drinking centered event it would be on a Friday or Saturday. Sunday was the only day I was able to host due to commitments with the VFW.

For the record, I have no problem with the location. I wouldn't skip it just because of the drive. I merely found it odd that there was no discussion about it. I can't make it on a Sunday sorry.
We really didn't want to deal with the hassle of opening up a discussion on the whole thing mainly becaause of how long it takes. We have done most everything in this chapter by putting up polls etc. but for this event it was not what we wanted to do. Sorry you won't be able to make it, it will be a nice fun family event.

What a joke.You folks can bitch/cry over anything.LOL.

Thank you for the invite john wish i could make it sir.This one is so close i could if we didn't already have plans.

Back