• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater Hose Routing

mitch.dail

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one have a picture of the factory routing of the heater hoses on a 91 xj. The valve was deleted on this when I got it. Recently I had to replace the radiator due to the plastic cracking and added the valve and hoses back in. The hose that goes to the valve from top of the pump rubs on the hood when its down.
Thanks, Mitch

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

That looks like just a cut by thd foot heater hose. The factory one is molded to almost a 90 degree elbow so it does not hit the hood. Last I knew you could still get the molded ones from the parts store.

that end of things looks right to me. cant see the valve end since that's at the other end of that hose, but judging from the angles back there you still have the valve

Your setup is kind of weird, its got the U bend for the radiator return to go around the AC compressor, but you dont have the AC compressor... you could replace that with some straighter hose and get better flow. I redid all the hoses on my 91 to how I wanted them.

That looks like just a cut by thd foot heater hose. The factory one is molded to almost a 90 degree elbow so it does not hit the hood. Last I knew you could still get the molded ones from the parts store.

yes.

Or you can zip tie the heat core hose to the side of the upper radiator hose to keep it down and out of the way. That's how my 87 is done.

You can get the molded hoses at just about any parts store. My local autozone had them.

Back