• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wj springs????

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Yesterday I went hunting for a pair of zj v8 front coils and got a set but there was a wj there as well, looking at its front end the coils stay the same diameter the entire length instead of closing in like an xj or zj coils does but I also notice that their isolators are much thicker like 1-1/2 thick and I took one off and slid it on to the bump stop of the xj next to it and noticed it fit perfectly? Has anyone done this mod instead of a wj coils for a budget lift? It seems like it would work.

I posted on this last night but it must not have gone through?

Did you measure the wj coil? If I recall the stock xj coils are like 17 5/8". If they around that same length id guess that they use the larger spacer because they are a softer spring rate? Also, on my factory springs vs lifted ones there was no difference between outside diameter or the diameter of the metal its self. It was just taller. That being said, I have not used wj coils or looked in to any specs on them.

Try it out and let us know what happens.

Back