• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plastic tip on new injectors???

There is a blue plastic tip at the nozzle end you can see the needle tip of the injector at the very tip. My initial thought was that it was a shipping tip, but its on pretty secure.

I have them in still, seems odd to have plastic in there??

New concern now is that the retainer clip groove in the new injectors doesn't allow the injector to seat as far into the fuel rail as the old ones.

I am a little frustrated, I was anticipating a quick swap.....should have known better.

The stock injectors I took out of my 95 bmw M3 have those pintle caps(probably a different material than plastic so it doesn't melt).

Stock one from my 96 had a small metal end, replacement Bosch from 5o motorsports had the plastic end.
A good cleaning of the bore with a .45cal bore brush and they fit fine...

The plastic tips are part of the new injectors, leave them on.

I think I had that problem top side with the clips, so I just left the clips off IIRC, as the fuel rail is bolted down anyway, so the clips are not needed unless you pressurize the fuel rail unmounted and uninstalled.

Just installed new injectors in son's MJ yesterday, i was wondering about the caps too. I left them in and it runs just fine.

The retaining clips do pull the injector out of the intake a tad but we have experienced no leaking.

Good information to know.., especially about using a .45 bore brush to better clean the chamber, lol...:peace:

Note from DJ
Quote:
I couldn't tell if the blue plastic tips were part of the injectors or just a shipping cap. I decided to leave them on since they appeared to be part of the injector.

Regarding this information I have no answer.

Regarding this information hears two past tips from cruiser54
Quote:
BIG PROBLEM: I am getting quick starts/rough starts and jumpy starts after it sits for a bit.

From this post http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1054476&page=6
Post #80 by cruiser54
Quote:
Sometimes the injector plugs don't seat well on the injectors. Give 'em all a little nudge while you're at it. Got the color codes for the injector wiring?

I had this problem with one of my injectors. I removed the connector and tightened up the female spade terminals now no more problem every time I work under the hood.

Post #82 by cruiser54
Quote:
1-light blue, 2-light green, 3-tan, 4-yellow, 5-white, 6-black

This information is just in case you mixed up the correct order of the wiring when installing the clips it is easy to do.

I would call Precision @ 407-536-4509 for free Tech Support and explain to them what your problems are.

Back