• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case outpur yolks???

jeepdreamer

NAXJA Forum User
A little off topic but I'd appreciate anyone that can answer this. I'm trying to find a rear output yolk for my Dana 300 so I can run a CV style rear driveshaft. I've read that maybe the front yolk from a 231 is a bolt on and the tj/grand cherks used a cv front shaft. Can anyone confirm this??

I don't know 100% but pretty sure tj use the ujoints.

some zj did in fact some with a cv front shaft.

DOH! Guess I have eggs on my mind or something...haha! Thanks for the correct! So its actually called a flange...hmm. Do you think the Flange from a Grand's 231 would work then? I've pulled a couple front CV shafts of the wrecks here from Grands but never thought about the flange...

The front and rear yoke's have a different size and spline shaft for your info.

So after dong some digging and crawling around during lunch I found a few things.
First, it somehow got lost on me that the XJ uses a CV style front shaft as well. DOH! So I had two jeeps and one other 231J Tcase to look at for comparisons.
When I got home for the day I did some googling and found this info:

http://www.jbconversions.com/index2.php?pc=8&dd=1

scroll down to part number1980 please. Am I reading this wrong or does it say that this is a yoke for both the rear Dana 300 output for a CV style shaft as well as the front out put for NP231(J,C,and D)??? Does this mean that it is a factory yoke? I believe the spline count is the same and it should work but I'd like some of you to tell me I may be on the right track please? :) Thanks! Not sure how else to go about it other than trial and error which I will do this weekend.

1310 CV Yoke - 26 spline

Part #1980 -- $75.00
http://www.jbconversions.com/products/yokes_flanges/1980.php Applications

• NP231J Front Output Shaft
  • NP231C Front Output Shaft
  • NP231D Front Output Shaft
  • Dana Front Output Shaft
  • Dana 300 Rear Output Shaft

Features

• Designed for double Cardon "CV" type drivelines
  • 26 Spline, 1310 series Ujoint
Id say so.
Pull the front yoke from your spare 231 and see...

Back