• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

johnny joint question?

1SYCRYD

NAXJA Forum User
I have the rough country 4.5 x-flex kit installed on my 1997 XJ Sport and I am tired of the flex joints going bad. I went for a drive today and the upper control arm flex joints are bad again. I am no 4x4 genius but I heard there is a johnny joint that just threads into the RC Arms that fixes this problem. Does anyone here have experience with this and if so do you have a part number for me so I can cure this problem once and for all. Is there a solid bushing kit I can replace the flex joints with? I am sure someone out there has experience with this problem .... HELP!!

Many lift mfg's change their product design over the years. IIRC , and i know you run rough country, but as an example, a rock krawler 3-link kit has had 3 differant joint specs, so, AS ALLWAYS, verify in field... Many a person has ordered the wrong joint because he didnt read this part...

Something like this looks like it may work for you:

Call currie, or rough country. Maybe someone who runs the same kit can verify what youve got. Untill then, i would measure the size of your existing joint.

call currie and give them the measurements of your joints. the shank size varies and depending on what rough country used will change what JJs to replace them with.

and no, the Johnny Joint is not the same as those other cartridge joints. it is much better.

My rough country Flex joints went bad quickly.. currie makes a much better product..

Many lift mfg's change their product design over the years. IIRC , and i know you run rough country, but as an example, a rock krawler 3-link kit has had 3 differant joint specs, so, AS ALLWAYS, verify in field... Many a person has ordered the wrong joint because he didnt read this part...

Call currie, or rough country. Maybe someone who runs the same kit can verify what youve got. Untill then, i would measure the size of your existing joint.

Thanks for pointing that out. I definitely didn't mean that exact one, just giving you an idea...x2 on verifying the dimensions before ordering.

Back