• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brain is flowing lol have questions

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
yes I'm asking a lot and I'm sorry, just got a creative mind and I haven't seen it shown or said.
with the cold air cowl induction, has anyone put a air scoop backwards over the cowl entrance to keep rain out while allowing air to come in? seems like a way better idea than just having the cowl open to rain and such, reason being is I've seen other jeeps run the cone filter in the cowl area with a air scoop over that section facing backwards as to keep rain from being sucked in or being forced in to it. plus I've been reading that doing this causes a huge amount of noise in the cabin because the suction of air is near the fan induction in the cowl. well my idea or thought is if anyone has used foam board or something similar to block off that section from the rest of the cowl to help block and isolate that section? I know if this was to happen, it would have to be on the opposite side where the air intake to the cabin is.
another question is with the snorkel thing, I see a lot using a forward facing air intake scoop, now in the rain thats going to suck up water and I know manufactures have a way to deter the water but if thats such a problem, then why dont people make the tops in the form of a hummer style intake? would seem to be smarter knowing water cant get forced in to it plus with some modification you could make it that the very entrance to the snorkel is a cone filter with the cap/cover is covering it. anyone have thoughts to this or at the least understands what I'm saying? lol :confused1 :dunno:

well if the Apocalypse is coming or the rain keeps up in oregon, I might lol but its not entirely about me doing the mods, I'm just curious if others have done it because I see a lot of these mods but not in the way i explained it which imho would make these mods better and efficient.
dary3aza.jpg

Have it like this^
And add a scoop like this just backwards:
u3yzezan.jpg

And just surround the area of the air filter or that section with foam board or noise dampening stuff to help stop the noise from happening in the cabin. I really think if people tried that. There would be less worry of water getting in to the engine, or the filter getting wet plus the foam board/noise dampener would help reduced the cabin noise that most fear of or get put off by it

Last edited:
There is going to be no problem running that scope the other direction. You will still get airflow to the intake because of the high air pressure zone in front of the windshield. You just need to make sure there is some distance between the edge of the scope and the window.

Back