• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel line removal

california1999

NAXJA Forum User
So I am going to get ready to replace my header, and had a question is it easier to remove the fuel line or the injectors? I see that people mostly remove the injectors why is that? Wouldn't it be easier to disconnect the fuel line.

That's what I did, there's no need to pull the injectors out of the intake manifold. Be careful with the o-rings in that connector, you might want to consider a little grease to make sure you don't nick them. And make sure they're not leaking afterward, period.

I held a rag over the Shrader valve on the test port, and popped it with a small flat blade screwdriver. You should only get a few drops. I didn't use the fuel line disconnect, but that's on a 1994. I don't know what the connectors look like on a 1999.

When I did my exhaust manifold I removed both the fuel line and the injectors so that it was easier to get to the bolts. To relieve pressure, just put a rag under the Schrader valve and press it in with a nail or whatever works.

Back