• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" spring/shock suggestions anyone?

rvmccarthy

NAXJA Forum User
Planning my expo XJ and don't want to go above a 2" or 2.5" lift with 31s and lightly trimmed fenders.

I checked with dpg about getting the 2.5" OME hybrid kit they sell but was told the rear leafs would not support a rear tire carrier, new 3/16" bumpers front and back, armor and chassis reinforcement without wearing out and sagging in like a day.

I do some light towing on occassion, up to about 1000lbs, in the CA mountains. As stated the XJ will have heavier bumpers, armor, rear tire carrier, chassis reinforcements and possibly a light exo cage. I would like a settled and loaded total ride height of ~2" overall with at least comparable ride quality and handling to stock on freeways and better ride on trails, forest roads, washboard roads etc. I just need to clear the 31s with reasonable amounts of suspension travel for the height.

Can anyone recommend good springs (preferably progressive rate), front and back, that'll accomplish this? I don't mind piecing the lift together. I'm replacing all suspension parts already anyway.

For shocks was considering Bilstein 5100s but not finding them in a short enough length. If the OMEs will hold up to my use I'll pick up a set. Any other advice here?

One more last question, I'm looking at new wheels, and was wondering what backspacing would allow 31s to clear the LCAs. I want the tires as tucked as possible.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back