• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How empty are your pockets?

MrAnderson

NAXJA Forum User
Just thought I'd see what I've got myself into. How much cash have YOU put into your rig and/or daily driver? Maybe include a pic of your hard earned money in Jeep form!

My wife gets on here to read sometimes, no way will i post this up.You are going to get folks killed when the wives see this page.But i do have more in the wifes jeep than mine.
Hers is the 2 door.
008.jpg

Last edited:
I spent over $10K on the stock Jeep itself. Does that count?

It was 2+ years old with about 30K on the clock. I drove it for about 7 years as a daily driver before I started modding it.

Having built a couple now, I'd say expect to spend about 10K-12K over a few years to build a pretty decent but modest trail rig that drives nice on the highway.

If you really get into it, you can easily spend 2-3 times that.

Ballpark 40K on the last jeep..

DSC_1489-XL.jpg

A racecar yes, but a surprising amount of that expense would have gone into an equivalent built trail rig without the race specific parts.

Its certainly cheaper to buy a rig that is already built, but a lot more satisfying to build it yourself.

Back