• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch Master/slave Compatibility.

muduck18

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all.

I have a 1999 5 speed and the clutch master/slave is acting up today.

at home I have a master slave combo that seems to have come from an older model, I guess it to be 95/96 (because I've had it for a long time and originally purchased it for my old 96 but it turned out to be the some other problem.

anyway.

Can any one tell me if there is a difference between the 96 era and the 99 era for them?

Thanks.

They use the same slave cylinder but a different part number for the master. 97-99 is the same full master/slave/line assembly, but 96 uses a different one (either just the master or master + hydraulic line is different). Whether they can be interchanged, no idea, sorry.

Found the leak was in the slave cyl, took the one from the 96 and put it in the 99 and it worked like a dream.
after looking at the master cyl they are definitely different and won't switch, but the slaves are identical.

Thanks again.

Back