• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 or ax15 trans to engine bolt pattern

simonm

NAXJA Forum User
hi,
i have a 1994 xj with a ax-15 in it and i'm in the process of swapping a vw tdi engine in it.

i'm currently drawing up the adapter plate for it and i ran in a rather big problem.

i can't find anything regarding the bellhousing bot pattern.

i've found bellhousing to trans pattern not good
i've read everywhere that the bell housing pattern to the engine is an amc v8 pattern found that but from looking at the drawing vs picture of the bellhousing it doesn't look the same at all

so does anyone have access to a bellhousing and measuring equipment or have a copy pdf or cad of the engine to trans bolt pattern

thank you

p.s. i will post progress of my work when i do the swap this spring

yes hpa motorsport
they want 2k$ for the diy kit and don'T offer motor mount for the xj

they won'T sell only the flywheel and adapter plate

That is the one i had found but comparing it to picture found on the interweb i had doubt it was good.(the jeep is at my parents house right now wich is 200km away so i couldn't verify)

if you can confirm me it's the same i'll go ahead and make one out of wood for mock up

here is one of the picture i had found putting doubt in my mind.
0908_4wd_10_z+1987_jeep_wrangler_yj+4.0l_bell_housing.jpg

amc guys swap AW4s behind V8's for a cheap OD option.

it's the same as an AMC V8, so if you find a pattern for that you'll have one for the I6.

http://www.theamcforum.com/forum/v8-aw4-swap-info-wanted_topic15442_page8.html

it's probasbly easier to find an AMC V8 one than a Jeep 4.0 one. I can't verify that the pattern in the previous post is correct. I do have an AX-15 sitting in the garage, but I'm not really sure how to go about taking measurements from it's bellhousing.

amc guys swap AW4s behind V8's for a cheap OD option.

it's the same as an AMC V8, so if you find a pattern for that you'll have one for the I6.

http://www.theamcforum.com/forum/v8-aw4-swap-info-wanted_topic15442_page8.html

it's probasbly easier to find an AMC V8 one than a Jeep 4.0 one. I can't verify that the pattern in the previous post is correct. I do have an AX-15 sitting in the garage, but I'm not really sure how to go about taking measurements from it's bellhousing.

piece of paper, draw an outline and mark the bolt holes. If you can seperate the bellhousing from trans, draw a line on the inside as well.?

piece of paper, draw an outline and mark the bolt holes. If you can seperate the bellhousing from trans, draw a line on the inside as well.?

I probably could.

Going to have to wait until this weekend. I've got to change the waterpump on my wifes DD XJ today.

haven<T found anything on there website sent them an email to see what they could do.

and the why i<m looking to make it my self is that i have access to a cnc mill for free so the adapter would cost me material only

IF you go to a junk yard and find a jeep with the ax-15 the plate that seals in the bell housing is a perfect template for what you're looking for. it goes the whole way around except for a small portion at the top of the bell housing.

looks like this
$T2eC16RHJGIE9nnWq)DsBQD,S6wGZQ~~60_3.JPG

Back