• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix mods

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
1. has anyone sloted the crank sesnore on the 87 t0 90 renix series. if so was there any gain.
2 has anyone reloacted the intake air temp senor from the intake manifold and installed into the intake air inlet tube. . if so did you notice any perofrmance increase.

i have an 87. i have made my own open intake. i have a larger throtle body and a 1 inch throtle body spacer. i have the 4 hole injectors that everyone has talked about it also has an aftermarket cat and flow master 2 chamber.. still a slug. but a guess with 33's and 4.56 gears and it is sorta haevy in wieght

ive done both on my rig. with a bored out throttle body, cowl intake (home-brew) . pretty high flowing exhaust since my cat was stolen i just temporarily have straight pipe and it hauls with 4.88s and 35s and a full hybrid cage, winch , bumpers, stiffeners, etc. its not super fast, but fast for the weight and lift and tires.

do a fresh tune up. dont skimp. do plugs, cap, rotor, and plug wires, oil change, refresh all grounds, check for vacuum leaks.
then my guess is replace your TPS with a good napa one and adjust it properly.
then replace o2 sensor.

i bet itll be a nice surprise.

1. has anyone sloted the crank sesnore on the 87 t0 90 renix series. if so was there any gain.
2 has anyone reloacted the intake air temp senor from the intake manifold and installed into the intake air inlet tube. . if so did you notice any perofrmance increase.

i have an 87. i have made my own open intake. i have a larger throtle body and a 1 inch throtle body spacer. i have the 4 hole injectors that everyone has talked about it also has an aftermarket cat and flow master 2 chamber.. still a slug. but a guess with 33's and 4.56 gears and it is sorta haevy in wieght

I've done both. Here's a write-up on the CPS mod.
Cruiser’s Renix CPS Advance Mod
The sensor portion of the CPS needs to slide up the perforated bar towards the top of the engine.
Mark the perforated bar's top end with paint or marker.
Place the CPS in a vice, just not quite clamping the bar, the sensor resting on the vice jaws, with the Top part protruding.
Place a bolt that fits tightly into the hole at the Top part of the bar.
With a hammer, tap the Top part of the bar and it will slide through the sensor portion of the CPS. Stop when the sensor portion is about 3/8" from the edge of the bolt hole

Since you're an owner of a Renix, you might want to do a bit of reading in this link. The first 5 write-ups are most popular and conidered required maintenance on any Renix. The other 20 might also be helpful.
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f51/cruiser54s-mostly-renix-tips-153657/

i baught a new crank sesnor and slotted the mounting braket and replaced mine. glad i did. found mine had hit the exhaust manifold and didnt have much life left. i relocated the intake temp sensor to the inatke tube. took it for a test drive. i noticed smother operation and a little more top end. was well worth my time and energy .i used an infrared temp gun noticed a 30 degree temp difference from the intake tube and intake manifold.

Back