• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97xj

ballpeen97

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys I'm new here and im sure my answer is already here. I have a 97 xj. I've had it for about 4 years and the know the previouse owner it has always had spells where when you accelerate it will bog down. Let off the throttle and it will clear up. About a month ago it started flooding real bad. Checked codes and showed bad injectors. Personally I don't think that's the problem. One minute it runs fine then it will start flooding does any one have any sugestions.. thanks

Can't remember for sure but it said 1346 injector were bad. Judging by releasing pressure from the rail its good I pulled injectors and cleaned

injectors "bad" could simply mean that the connections are coming loose while driving. The connectors are crappy.

fuel squirting from the schrader valve is not a good test. You need to get a pressure tester on it to be sure, and do the flow test.

I've plugged and unplugged them while idling good and while running bad and has made no change.ill get a guage and check the pressure. Could a temp sensor do this

Could a temp sensor do this

not likely.

the most a failed temp sender should do is keep it from going closed loop, it should run fine on the open loop fuel map.

The injectors need fuel pressure to open, so not enough pressure= failed injector diagnosis by the PCM.

A faulty Coolant Temperature Sensor or O2 sensor issues would be the first thing to test for. Check their wires and wire plugs for damage or corrosion.

Are all your tune-up parts fresh ?

Back