• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS boomerang shackles--luv em'

husker25

NAXJA Forum User
Wow, couldn't believe the difference in ride quality on my DD with these things. I hit the same bumps on the way to and from work every day and really notice a smoother ride. I have OME 3.5" leafs in the back. With the stock shackles there was really "no place to go" for the leafs when they flexed. Problem solved. I got maybe a 1/2" lift but that's OK--I was hoping for no lift. I'm sure that was due to the 70lb gas skid I installed an the same time I did the shackles. Quick upgrade and money well spent.

I thought that boomerang shackles just helped get rid of bottoming out the shackle in the stock location. They shouldn't change the angle any more than a longer-than-stock shackle. The way I draw it out in my head is a boomerang shackle is just drawing a curved line between 2 points - the angle between those two points wouldn't change with a straight line.

Relocation brackets change the mounting point, changing the angle.

Please correct me if I'm wrong because my above statements are my current understanding, I don't mind being wrong if I learn something because of it.

Acording to their website: "Our XJ Shackle is specifically designed to optimize rear suspension travel on Jeep® Cherokees. The extended length and boomerang design allows full compression and extension of the leaf springs, in addition to increasing rear ride height by approximately 1".

The OE spring shackles should be replaced on Cherokee XJ models any time longer leaf springs are installed for the benefit of increased suspension travel. The shape and size do not allow enough shackle "swing" to take advantage of the additional spring length. By inhibiting proper spring operation, ride quality and performance suffer and related suspension components wear prematurely. Alas, the benefits of longer leaf springs can not be truly realized unless accompanied by a proper shackle upgrade."

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m...ES&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Leaf_Spring

Back