• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj tranny line leaking

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Just noticed today that the girlfriends xj is leaking at the tranny line fitting where it goes into the radiator right above the steering gear box on the driver side. It came off completely a while back and i was able to push it back on and it quit leaking but has now started up again. Are these tranny lines got high pressure to them? Would it be ok to just get a short piece of hose, hose connector/barb, and some hose clamps so that i don't have to keep worrying about this coming off while she is driving it? Or is there something else that i can do.

Thanks,
Ben

Yes, I use trans oil cooler hose with fuel injection hose clamps.

Not real high pressure Ben.

I tend to use fuel line, double flair the line, and hose clamp it.

I have also seen just fuel line, and double clamping, with each clamp 180 deg off from the other one.

Does anybody remember what size fuel line they used? Are you running it all the way back to where it goes to a hard line again?

Pretty sure it was 3/8" ID and ran it back to the hard line.

Does anybody remember what size fuel line they used?

use the right hose for ATF, or it wont last.

ATF is very flammable, if you continue to disregard the advice you are given, you deserve the fire your gonna get if you use fuel line...

ATF is very flammable, if you continue to disregard the advice you are given, you deserve the fire your gonna get if you use fuel line...
x2. Fuel hose won't cut it. Get the correct hose.

Back