• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AGR vs PSC

AZjeepin1

NAXJA Forum User
Going to break down and buy an aftermarket steering gearbox. As far as on & offroad performance, longevity, and customer service, what direction should I be looking at?

NO ONE in the industry has better customer service than PSC (I have dealt with most of them out there)

Their products are fine and work well. Offroad they work and have great support.

There are many good companies out there. AGR is good. Howe is good. TommyLee is good. KRC is good.

NO ONE in the industry has better customer service than PSC (I have dealt with most of them out there)
I don't believe that..
Their products are fine and work well. Offroad they work and have great support.

There are many good companies out there. AGR is good. Howe is good. TommyLee is good. KRC is good.
AGR is great, I've never heard 1 bad thing about them, PSC howeve I can't say the same..

AGR is great, I've never heard 1 bad thing about them, PSC howeve I can't say the same..

I have heard plenty of issues with AGR and all of the companies for that matter. I know one particular setup that grenaded 3 AGR pumps and two boxes in a row.

They all have their fair share of issues.....but they all stand by their products.

Tommy Lee has a better bearing setup on the sector shaft than PSC does. Other than that, they are all pretty comparable.

I have a PSC pump on my YJ and have been very happy with it. It works great running a full hydro system with an 8" ram and 42" tires, with nary a problem (that wasn't caused by me). I haven't had to call their customer service at all, but I was very impressed by the packaging and instructions and information that came with the pump when I bought it. As far as I'm concerned, I'd buy from them again.

I've heard bad things about AGR too. I bought my box and pump about 5 years ago . Steering is so light i can steer with one finger no problem . The steering shaft was changed at the same time with a Borgeson shaft . I only have 31's though . I would have liked it to have been a little firmer . I have to say the shaft made the bigest difference . I forget where i bought my p/s pulley but it has cooling vanes on it .

Back