• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Back Window for Cheromanche

96XJ9705

NAXJA Forum User
As it states, I'm looking into doing the Cheromanche type cutoff back on my XJ. I've been thinking that I want to permanently install a back window/back of the jeep, but may change that. As is though, I'm interested to know which pickup back windows work and which is the easiest to go with.

Probably the Comanche back window... its been done before but I think it was a little narrower and took a bit of Fab to line up. But anything else would be just as much Fab, so...

I've seen alot of people also use the back hatch from a 97+ for this as well and I personally think thats alot easier to get your hands on verses a MJ back window/cab

if this is just a toy, not a dd and its reinforced (cage) i saw a guy locally, in the teraflex parking lot a while back that made/had made, a custom snap top for the rear cut off. he had it cut mid roof just behind the front seats, the top snapped on at the roof line and followed the cage past the back seat and snapped around the outside edges of the cargo area, had the look of a bronco bikini top but it was fully sealed.... or i should say, as sealed as it could be. just a thought for another alternative, it looked bad ass and i dont know if anyone else knows who it was or if they are on here?

edit: it was a 2 door though

You might be able to use the window from a 1st gen S-10, I think the cherokee and S-10 are about the same width.

You might be able to use the window from a 1st gen S-10, I think the cherokee and S-10 are about the same width.

Thanks for the ideas. I will look into this one. I like the Comanche but they are rare. The 97+ hatch doesn't look like what I want. I am working on getting a comanche cab and of not of cutting mine like porch puppies.

Don't know if you are still looking but this was how I did mine with a 96 zj rear hatch
gyte6avy.jpg

4u2ugaqa.jpg

Back