• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone have 35's on 3.55 gearing

You'll come up with the money quick after a few days of it.

Most embarssing!!! If you dont wheel no problem. Almost any trail will beg for 488s and lockers.
BUMPING BREAKS JUNK!!

My Mom had 35s on 3.09s with a manual in her 94.. 3rd gear was the new 5th gear lol.

With only 32s on 3.55s with an auto I want to regear, I can't even imagine 35s.

That setup would be terrible on the street and horrible on the trail.

You'll be going up hills in 2nd gear on the road and you won't be able to crawl at all on the trail.

Put it this way, I don't even like my 4.56s and 35s. I wasn't a fan of 3.55s when I had 32" tires. 4.56 gears were great for 32" tires, but 4.88 or 5.13 is probably key for 35s.

auto? I have an AW4 I'll sell you in a few months... don't have any gearsets to sell unfortunately.

You will really, really want deeper gears.

Yes, 35's and 3.55's on my Comanche right now until I do a rear axle swap and regear. It's liveable driving around town. Forget trying to drive on the highway. You'll be in and out of OD/torque converter lockup so often it will drive you nuts. Any little hill, welp gotta floor it and downshift otherwise you're screwed and will be going about 40 by the time you're at the top.

Sure it's doable, anything is possible. I wouldn't recommend it, but if you do it you'll live until you can regear.

I did for like 2 weeks.

There was a reason I only did it for 2 weeks.

just wondering how they handle i dont have the $$ to regear right now
since you dont have the money for gear then i assume you dont have money for better steering or axles shafts to, i did 35's and 3.55's for a day, it was pathetic

i have 33's now just found a real good deal on 35's thats why i was asking and ok i will wait till after i regear to 5.13's then before i get 35's

I can't imagine 33's on 3.55's either. I bought my jeep with 32's and regeared to 4.56 within a few months of owning it. Great decision, it was awesome on the highway and trails. Spend the money on the gears/locker instead of the 35s.

I don't get why people try to half ass their way to running 35s or similar. Either you have the cash to upgrade the necessary components or you don't. Until then, just run a smaller tire size. It's not that hard

i have 33's now just found a real good deal on 35's thats why i was asking and ok i will wait till after i regear to 5.13's then before i get 35's
please note the post above you

Back